Archive | Community RSS feed for this section

The Babyfacedassassin – Blogging for Mental Health 2014

His Holiness, the Dalai Lama has a model of intimacy based on a willingness to open ourselves to many others, to family, friends and even strangers forming genuine deep bonds based on our common humanity. I doubt you need to be a Buddhist to understand this. In His Holiness’ book, ‘The Art of Happiness’, He […]

1 Comment Continue Reading →

The Babyfacedassassin and the Self in Self-Esteem

Mindshift – The National Self Esteem Initiative, reminds us that: ‘Our Self Esteem affects almost every aspect of our lives, from how we think about ourselves to the way we think or react to life situations. When negative influences and thoughts are prevalent – generated from either within ourselves or through others – it adversely […]

2 Comments Continue Reading →

What Do Women and Depression Have in Common?

I’ve been collecting information like a scientist. What could be viewed as a social experiment – inviting women to a workshop called The Art of Depression – is as close to scientific experimentation as The Babyfacedassassin gets. While the workshop’s first and foremost intention was to provide techniques on how to overcome depression, it was […]

Leave a comment Continue Reading →

The Seclusion and Restraint Declaration

I believe that seclusion and restraint of people with mental health problems is a human rights issue! In 2005, all Australian Governments agreed to act to reduce and where possible to eliminate the use of seclusion and restraint.  Despite this, when the National Mental Health Commission was started in 2012, seclusion and restraint was raised […]

Leave a comment Continue Reading →

SACRED ARTISTS: The Pilgrimage to Burning Man Festival

I went to Burning Man Festival to launch my first book. Three days later, I burnt the book, along with a symbolic decade of hardship and psychological tumult. It’s that kind of festival. It calls forth the ‘meaningful’ within a chaotic circus of post-modern mayhem. Black Rock City is the week-long social experiment that pools […]

2 Comments Continue Reading →